The Hamilton-Wentworth Stroke Recovery Association is a group composed of stroke survivors, their spouses, family and friends.
Hamilton Stroke Recovery Magazine 2012:
Click here to download
Our goals are:
- To help stroke survivors return to a full productive life, by means of encouragement, example and friendly contact.
- To encourage rehabilitation by providing emotional support to both the stroke survivor and his/her family.
- To visit with new stroke patients and their families in the hospital or at home, to help them on the road to recovery.
- To provide information about stroke, its prevention, treatment, and warning signs, to all persons within the Hamilton-Wentworth Region.
- Information about stroke recovery to stroke victims and their families.
- Information about new treatment methods, new aids, new medical and therapeutic advances.
- Information and publicity to the public via the media.
- Remedial and involvement therapy that will assist with recuperation beyond the presently accepted, medical cut-off point.
The Hamilton-Wentworth Stroke Recovery Association
65 Nebo Road, #5
Phone: (905) 385-1639
Fax: (905) 385-9257
Special thanks to:
Ontario March of Dimes
National Stroke Association
for information that is provided within these pages.